A few tips from one of our carriers; Plymouth Rock
Prevent Damage and Expenses from Frozen Pipes in Your Home
In an effort to alert customers to the potential damage of frozen pipes, we are sending them the email below as well as an automated phone message this evening.
As winter rears its ugly head and we face frigid temperatures in New Jersey, the water pipes in your home are at risk of freezing. Frozen pipes can cause serious damage to your home and your wallet. Here are some quick and easy tips to prevent the headache of frozen pipes.
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature throughout the day and night. You may incur a higher heating bill, but you will be preventing a more costly repair job.
- If you are heading out of town, set the temperature in your home to no lower than 65ºF.
- Open cabinets in your kitchen and bathroom to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be mindful of any cleaners or chemicals you’ll want to move out of the reach of children.
- Let cold water drip from your faucets. Even a trickle will help prevent freezing.
- If you have water supply lines in your garage, keep the garage doors closed.
Read more on how to Prevent Damage from Freezing Temperatures from the Insurance Institute of Business & Home Safety and Preventing and Thawing Frozen Pipes from the Red Cross.
Plymouth Rock Management Company of New Jersey 200 Connell Drive, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922