5 Great Ways to Save Money on Auto Insurance
Auto insurance is a necessary evil; we have to pay for it whether we use it or not. However, when we do need it, we are glad we have it. There are a few things about auto insurance that you may not be aware of, such as ways you can save money and lower your rate or your deductible.
In some cases, these money-saving options are ones you need to specifically ask about, while others may require some additional effort on your part to obtain (such as multi-car and driver safety discounts).
Here is a list of five ways you can save money on your car insurance and keep your money in your pocket, where it belongs:
- Buy a car that is considered low-profile, meaning it isn’t flashy or steal-worthy. The more likely a car is to get a traffic ticket (like red ones) or the higher chance there is it will be stolen, the higher your insurance rate will be.
- Choose safety features on your vehicle when you can. Options like automatic seat-belts, an anti-theft system, or daytime running lights will cut your rates.
- Combine all your policies (home, life, trailer, auto) with one carrier.
- Don’t buy the roadside coverage if you have it provided elsewhere, such as through a credit card or AAA membership. The times you may need to use it can raise your rates.
- Choose higher deductibles. When you may be required to pay more out-of-pocket when you have a claim, your rates can decrease due to lower obligations on the part of the insurance carrier.