Monthly Archives: August 2013
A health insurance program for employees is a great way for a small business to attract quality talent and keep it, but the cost of insurance can be prohibitive to a company that is just getting on its feet or has a small budget to work with.
The great news is that there are ways a small company can lower the cost of employer-provided health insurance programs, allowing it to continue offering this value-added benefit to employees and preventing them from jumping ship for another company.
Here are three great ways a small business can lower the cost of it’s health insurance program:
- Develop and implement wellness programs that focus on keeping employees healthy. The programs can be anything from cancer screenings to smoking cessation programs or even flu shots, and the healthier your employees are, the less costly your health insurance coverage will be. An added benefit of wellness programs is that they improve an employee’s overall level of job happiness and satisfaction.
- Explore the option of health savings accounts for employees. These are tax-exempt accounts that employees contribute to and out of which are paid deductibles and other costs associated with medical care that supplement your existing health insurance program. Contributions and withdrawals are tax-exempt, so employees also get the ability to claim them as a deduction on their income tax returns.
- Don’t just go with the first insurance company that solicits your business. Shop around for the best rates for the company and for your employees.
While keeping employees healthy is important to any company, you also want to be able to provide the ability for them to have adequate medical coverage. The Schumacher Insurance Group can help with small business insurance plans, so contact them today to find out more!
Adopting lifestyle changes that can move us toward healthy living is not as challenging as you might think. Some ways we can make changes that increase our environmental awareness or promote personal change are actually easy to do and either free or extremely inexpensive. Reducing our impact on the planet and improving our quality of life should be top-of-the-list goals for everyone, and getting involved in healthy living lifestyle is a good first step toward meeting those goals.
Here are five tips for living a healthier lifestyle that will put you on the path to whole body health:
- Get a good night’s sleep. The best way to get restful sleep is to avoid large meals before bedtime, develop a regular routine, and make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, and relaxing.
- Be prepared for flu and cold season by making sure everyone in your family has had a flu vaccination. Prevention is the best way to beat an illness.
- Did you know that dancing helps exercise your brain? Ballroom dancing is a fun way to learn something new and stay fit at the same time, so look for classes in your area.
- That morning cup of coffee would be a lot healthier if you skipped the cream and sugar. Coffee is naturally calorie-free and has health benefits such as stimulation of the nervous system, decreasing your risk of diabetes, Parkinson’s Disease, and mood disorders, and even contains antioxidant compounds.
- Eat sweet potatoes, which are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that are all great for your overall health.
Another way to take care of yourself and your family is by making sure you have proper health insurance coverage. The Schumacher Insurance Group is here to help with that option, so contact a professional representative today and make sure you and your loved ones are covered.
At the Schumacher Insurance Group, we take pride in our work and the ability to provide our clients with coverage options that include offerings from some of the best insurance companies in America.
Whether you are looking for personal insurance that includes home, auto, life, and health, or you are interested in business options such as worker’s compensation, restaurant insurance, or New Jersey teacher’s insurance, we can work with you to determine the level of coverage you need and help you select a plan and insurance provider that is right for you.
Some of the companies we represent are:
- The Hartford
By working with us to select your insurance coverage options, our professional agents can help you weed through the fine print and red tape to pick a package that works best for you. After finding out what you want out of your personal or business insurance, we do the legwork to get the perfect coverage tailored to match your specifications and fit within your budget.
Using one agent to deal with several different insurance companies while making your selection instead of trying to pick and choose on your own puts the headache and hassle in our hands. It also gives you the peace of mind of knowing that we’re in your corner working to get you the coverage you need.
With more and more people flocking to the internet to do their daily business, the world of online marketing has exploded into a goldmine of potential for small business entrepreneurs who may otherwise have had little opportunity to get their start-up off the ground floor.
No longer restricted by geographic or regional barriers, small business owners can reach an unlimited audience with their brand, products, and services in a way they never would have been able to in the past.
Here are ten great tips for getting your start-up going in the right direction to achieve success:
- Start with a great idea, whether it is a product or a service. Do something unique and think outside the box when deciding what it is you want your business to do.
- Avoid trying to create a start-up that markets a million ideas because you’ll spread yourself too thin. Focus on doing what you do best first, make it successful, and grow from there.
- A well-developed business plan is critical to the success of a start-up.
- Pick a business name that is short, catchy, and memorable.
- If you want to go big and then go home with a big payoff through acquisition, make sure your product or service is one that will be hot and in demand.
- Gain visibility through every available advertising strategy you can.
- Don’t outgrow your capabilities right off the bat.
- Learn how to market your business on social media.
- Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly.
- Your pricing structure should be competitive, so don’t over-value the product or service you are marketing.
When you do get your foot in the door, you may also want to consider protecting your business investments with business insurance. The Schumacher Insurance Group can provide great options to keep your business covered, so contact them today!
Many people view insurance as a necessary evil, largely due to the costs associated with maintaining adequate coverage. When it comes to your home, having the right insurance is critical for many reasons.
In some instances, mortgage companies won’t even discuss funding a real estate transaction until the homeowner has provided documented proof of home insurance. Furthermore, in the event that an unexpected disaster occurs, you have the peace of mind of knowing the contents of your home are covered by an insurance policy. This may not replace objects that hold sentimental value but it does provide invaluable assistance toward recouping your losses for items that are easily replaced.
You may not know it but there are ways you can actually have your home insurance rates lowered, and it doesn’t require any unusual effort or expense on your part. Small and cost-effective measures pay off by getting you a better insurance rate. Here are a few tips for handling your home insurance that will help you save money:
- Review your policy at least once a year to see if any changes to the policy may lower your premium, and compare it with other insurance policies to see if switching will cost less.
- Invest in a home security system and smoke detectors (and carbon dioxide sensors). Providing proof of these value-added features can slim down your premium and help protect you and your family.
- See if you can get a multi-policy discount for having your auto or health insurance combined with your home insurance under one provider.
Our experts here at Schumacher Insurance Group will be glad to assist you in determining if your residential insurance is the most cost-effective option and they can work with you to get the best rates for any of your personal or business insurance needs, so contact a representative today.
Whether you are changing insurance providers or signing up for a new insurance plan, picking the right health insurance should be a decision that is made after careful consideration and a thorough evaluation of your available options.
The decision of which health insurance provider to select does not have to be one that is fraught with frustration or indecision, nor does it have to be a decision that you would rather avoid altogether.
Having insurance coverage is essential for your continued good health and well-being, and changes to federal law have actually mandated the requirement that most individuals in the U.S. have some kind of health coverage no later than January 1, 2014.
Here are some tips for choosing an insurance plan that will get you going in the right direction:
- Decide which type of plan you want or need first, such as an HMO, PPO, or POS.
- If you prefer to continue seeing a particular doctor, make sure he/she accepts the insurance and that the carrier permits you to remain a patient of that physician.
- Consider any life events that may occur in the near future, such as marriage, a new child, or an existing child being removed from your coverage.
- Find out if the carrier gives the option to combine different plans for a multi-plan discount (health, auto, life, home, etc.).
- Check for any changes to your existing plan, as they may impact your decision to re-enroll or change providers.
- Perform cost comparisons (you can do this online).
When deciding which insurance plan to choose, the expert guidance of an insurance professional may help you with what could be a difficult decision. Let our agents at Schumacher Insurance Group work with you to pick the coverage that best fits your needs!
Your home is your castle, and you want to keep it a safe and comfortable haven for yourself and your family whenever you’re there. There are thousands of accidents that occur in the home every day and many of these could be prevented with more attentiveness and taking a few small steps toward home safety. A greater awareness of the safety of your home keeps your most valuable assets, your family members, safe from harm.
Here are five tips to improve your home safety for the security and well-being of you and your family:
- Install smoke alarms and test them regularly to make sure they work properly. Alarms can also come with carbon dioxide alarms (and are required in some states), so add this beneficial feature to your home, as well.
- Create and practice a “fire drill” with your family so they know what to do and how to evacuate the house quickly in the event of a fire or other safety hazard.
- Trip-and-fall accidents are the leading cause of in-home injuries, so do a thorough walk-through of your house, identify potential trip hazards, and have them removed or repaired.
- Ensure that medications and chemicals are stored where your children cannot access them.
- Examine the habits you use while in the kitchen and make changes where necessary. Turn pot handles away from the front of the stove, don’t leave hot dishes and beverages on tablecloths where they can be pulled down, and always stay in the room when the stove or oven is on.
Some of these tips may be things you haven’t considered, but implementing them will give you an added sense of peace of mind. Another way to provide for the security of your home and family is to invest in home insurance.
Contact Schumacher Insurance Group today for added protection for your home!