Choose the Health Insurance Best for You
Whether you are changing insurance providers or signing up for a new insurance plan, picking the right health insurance should be a decision that is made after careful consideration and a thorough evaluation of your available options.
The decision of which health insurance provider to select does not have to be one that is fraught with frustration or indecision, nor does it have to be a decision that you would rather avoid altogether.
Having insurance coverage is essential for your continued good health and well-being, and changes to federal law have actually mandated the requirement that most individuals in the U.S. have some kind of health coverage no later than January 1, 2014.
Here are some tips for choosing an insurance plan that will get you going in the right direction:
- Decide which type of plan you want or need first, such as an HMO, PPO, or POS.
- If you prefer to continue seeing a particular doctor, make sure he/she accepts the insurance and that the carrier permits you to remain a patient of that physician.
- Consider any life events that may occur in the near future, such as marriage, a new child, or an existing child being removed from your coverage.
- Find out if the carrier gives the option to combine different plans for a multi-plan discount (health, auto, life, home, etc.).
- Check for any changes to your existing plan, as they may impact your decision to re-enroll or change providers.
- Perform cost comparisons (you can do this online).
When deciding which insurance plan to choose, the expert guidance of an insurance professional may help you with what could be a difficult decision. Let our agents at Schumacher Insurance Group work with you to pick the coverage that best fits your needs!