Is Your Business Moving to a New Building? We Can Make Sure Your Investment is Protected
Acquiring property is one means of increasing your net worth, and one way companies do that is when they have outgrown or outperformed their existing space and need a new building or facility to house one or more aspects of their operations. This acquisition is an investment worth protecting, and that means having the right business insurance.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing and maintaining an insurance policy for your business:
- Decide what you want before speaking with an insurance provider. This will help you wade through the different policy types, provisions, add-ons, and other options that can make choosing a policy more complicated than it needs to be.
- Always be completely forthcoming with the insurance agent about all aspects of your business and its finances and operations, especially how it may be exposed to risk or loss. Hiding pertinent data from your agent can cause serious repercussions in the future, including policy cancellation.
- Don’t select the first offer put in front of you. Shop around first to find out what different providers can offer and how their pricing structures may differ.
- Do not self-insure. This can be incredibly expensive should be you ever have to pay out claims through self-insurance, and the capital required to insure losses can sometimes be astronomically large.
- Perform an annual assessment of your insurance coverage to make sure it still meets your company’s needs.
The professionals here at Schumacher Insurance Group can help you select the business insurance that best fits your needs by evaluating the policies available through the many companies we partner with. Contact us today and speak with an agent to find out more about how business insurance can protect your valuable investments.