Protect Your Assets With These 4 Business Liability Tips
There are a few different types of business liability insurance that are available to companies, namely employment practices liability, professional liability, and commercial general liability (CGL). Commercial general liability insurance offers the broadest range of coverage for aspects of your business such as:
- Work-related operations that occur on or off the premises
- Products manufactured, sold, or distributed by your company
- Personal injury
- Medical expenses at the workplace or job site, without regard to fault
Those situations are just a few of the types of coverage provided by CGL, and – aside from securing business liability insurance for your company – you can take steps to protect the assets of your business proactively with these tips:
- Make sure your insurance policy provides coverage for what your business needs and keep your rates lower by avoiding blanket policies that cover options that are not necessary.
- Don’t accept the first offer of insurance that crosses your desk. Do your homework, shop around, and evaluate the provisions of several different policies before selecting one.
- Choose a policy that has the ability to grow and expand in conjunction with the needs and operations of your business.
- Ask for an annual review of your business liability insurance policy to make sure it still fits the needs of your company.
When you work with Schumacher Insurance Group, you are working with an insurance agency that offers policy options from several major insurance carriers. This allows us to give you more options and helps us find a plan that perfectly fits your needs without breaking your budget. Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you protect your company’s assets!