Keep Your Car Insurance Costs Low With These 5 Tips
While we may not like the idea of bearing the expense of car insurance, it is a necessary evil that is legally required in most states. You may never have to file a claim with your insurance company, but if you do find yourself involved in an accident or dealing with damage to your vehicle, you’ll be glad you have the protection of car insurance to put your car back on the road quickly.
Your vehicle’s insurance doesn’t need to be as high as it could be, and here are a few tips for keeping those premiums low:
- Park your car in your driveway or garage, and let your insurance agent know. This helps reduce the potential for theft.
- Add security options like an alarm system or passive deterrent like Lo-Jack (often available through the dealership).
- Consider the type of car when it’s time to buy. Some cars have higher rates simply because they are sporty or more likely to be stolen.
- Don’t add additional drivers unless it’s absolutely necessary. More drivers usually equals higher premiums.
- When selecting policy options, choose a higher deductible (your out of pocket expense). This can provide you with a drop in your rates.
When you are ready to purchase car insurance for your vehicle, let our professional staff at Schumacher Insurance Group work with you to find the policy that fits both your needs and your budget. We have access to several major carriers, giving us a broader range of policies and options to choose from. We can help you get the best possible coverage for one of your biggest investments!