5 Ways to Get a Lower Premium for Your Car Insurance
While car insurance can be costly for some people, it’s still a necessity for anyone who owns a vehicle. Rather than dealing with high premiums and even higher deductibles, you can take steps to make sure your insurance rates are as low as possible.
- Work with an independent agency that has access to policies and plans from several different insurance providers.
- Bundle your insurance plans. If possible, have several different insurance plans with the same agency, like life, health, homeowners, and auto. This will give you multi-policy discounts on your premiums.
- While some people adopt the mantra, “drive it like you stole it,” when it comes to keeping your car insurance rates low, you want to drive it like you borrowed it from your grandmother’s preacher. A spotless driving record can help lower your rates substantially.
- Make sure your insurance policy is providing coverage that you need, instead of everything that’s available. Some policies have several add-ons that really aren’t necessary, and they can “add on” to the amount you pay for your insurance.
- Own a vehicle that is considered less “risky.” Some vehicles have a higher risk rating, which equals higher insurance rates, because they are a certain color, are considered a sports car, or are a vehicle type that is frequently stolen.
Don’t pay more than you have to for your car insurance premiums. Speak with one of our professional agents at Schumacher Insurance Group today and learn how an independent insurance agency can get you the coverage you need at a rate that won’t drain your bank account.