During Flu Season, Keep Yourself Healthy With These 5 Tips
Flu season is here and that means it is time for your annual flu shots. Some people get their flu shots religiously, while others shy away from the vaccine. Whether you get the flu vaccination or not, there are several healthy living tips you can take advantage of to make sure you stay healthy this winter.
- Drink plenty of fruit juices, which are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and other healthy natural ingredients.
- Always wash your hands after using the bathroom, preparing foods, or engaging in other activities that put you in regular contact with items that are handled by other people. Also wash your hands or use sanitizer after having physical contact (i.e., a handshake) with others who may be sick.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze to avoid spreading germs. Microbes that are pushed into the air by a normal sneeze can travel many feet.
- Use wet wipes to quick-clean commonly touched items and keep them germ-free.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and do not share beverages, foot utensils, or other items with someone else (whether they are actively sick or not).
Stick to these and other healthy living tips and you’ll weather the winter in perfect condition! Another consideration is to review your personal health insurance coverage to make sure you’ve got the protection you need if you do need to make a trip to the doctor. Contact us at Schumacher Insurance Group today and find out how we can help you get the health insurance coverage you need at a price that you can afford!