Keep the Monthly Payments Low on Your Homeowner’s Insurance With These 5 Tips
Owning a home is not only one of the biggest investments that many people will make in their lifetimes, it can also be a continuing investment over the course of your life. Your financial investment in your home does not stop once you’ve made your final mortgage payment, because you still have annual taxes, HOA fees, and homeowner’s insurance premiums that must be paid on a regular basis.
Rather than letting your monthly homeowner’s insurance payments have you feeling overwhelmed or buried in periodic bills, here are five tips to follow that can help you keep these payments as low as possible:
- Shop around before choosing an insurance plan. When you work with an independent insurance agency like Schumacher Insurance Group, you have access to the policies provided by several different major carriers. This gives you the opportunity to choose a plan that best fits your needs, at the best possible rate.
- Combine policies with one carrier. When you combine your home, auto, health, life, or other insurance plans with one carrier, you are usually able to get multi-policy discounts.
- Add security features to your home. This can include a security system, motion activated exterior lighting, fire suppression system, smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide monitors.
- Have an annual review performed on your policy. You may be paying for coverage you don’t need, so have your policy reviewed regularly.
- Keep your credit in good shape. The quality of your credit can affect the rates you pay for insurance, so avoid a bad credit rating.
Let our professional agents work with you to get the best possible rates on your homeowner’s insurance, or all your other insurance needs. Contact us today to learn more!