5 Tips for Lowering Your Car Insurance Rate
When it comes to having car insurance, chances are you may not want to have it but know that you have to, whether it’s a practicality or a legal requirement (which it is). This means you may be interested in car insurance tips that can help you keep your rates low.
Here are a few ways you can keep your car insurance rates as low as possible so you can get the coverage you need at a price you can afford:
- Shop around for the best rates first. When you work with an independent agency like we are, you have access to the policies offered by several different carriers, rather than just one. This allows you to find the best possible rate right off the bat.
- Take defensive driving courses if they are available in your area.
- Add safety features to your car that make it less appealing to thieves and safer to drive, like a security system or fire extinguisher.
- Combine your car insurance plan with another policy through the same insurance provider. This can be your health or life insurance or even a policy on a second vehicle.
- Make sure you have a clean driving record, and work to keep it that way. All infractions can count against you and raise your rates.
Get more car insurance tips that will help you lower your rates by speaking with one of our professional agents here at Schumacher Insurance Group. Contact us today to learn more about getting the coverage that best fits your needs at a rate you can live with.
Posted on March 16, 2014, in Agency, Uncategorized and tagged auto insurance, automobile insurance, car insurance, lower car insurance premium, preventative care. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.