Be Safe With These 5 Motorcycle Safety Tips
With the seasons changing and warmer weather heading our way, it’s about time to get your motorcycle out of the garage and get it primed and ready for some short jaunts around town and perhaps some longer road trips across the state or country. When you do hit the road on your chopper, make sure you follow these motorcycle safety tips so you’ll stay safe when traveling:
- Wear proper protective gear (helmet, long pants, closed-toe shoes, jacket). Going shirtless and wearing shorts and flip-flops is a recipe for disaster if an unfortunate accident occurs.
- Remember that most vehicle drivers don’t pay attention to motorcycle riders, so always ride defensively and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Avoid distractions while riding.
- Do not attempt to ride above your skill level. In other words, don’t try to show off!
- Don’t take passengers along for the ride unless you are comfortable with piloting a motorcycle with the added weight and unpredictable shifting of your passenger, and make sure they understand the basic “rules” of riding as a passenger on a motorcycle.
Before taking your bike out for a ride, make sure you have it covered with the right motorcycle insurance. Above all other tips, having the proper insurance is perhaps the most prudent of all motorcycle safety tips you could pay attention to. Our expert agents here at Schumacher Insurance Group can help you get the coverage you need for your ride, so contact us today to learn more.
Posted on March 24, 2014, in Agency, Uncategorized and tagged auto insurance, automobile insurance, car insurance, lower car insurance premium, motorcycle insurance. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.