Do You Need Commerical Auto Insurance for Your Company? 5 Tips to Determine If You Need Commerical Auto Insurance
Getting auto insurance coverage it very important, but especially if your business operates on the basis of delivery or transportation services. When you provide services such as taxi, delivery or shipping, you are required to have insurance coverage which usually is the basic level of commercial liability insurance.
Even if it is not a requirement in your situation, having commercial auto insurance can help protect your business from loss in the event of an accident while business is being conducted. In addition to liability insurance, you can also look into other additions to provide more protection for you, your drivers, and your business. Many insurance plans can also add on uninsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage.
Once you know what commercial coverage your business needs, you can begin searching for the policy that is right for you and you can make sure that you are confident in the purchase choice that you make for your auto insurance coverage.
Here are five tips to keep in mind to help you decide if you need to get this type of insurance coverage:
- If your vehicle is used to transport goods or people as part of your business
- If the nature of your work would deem it necessary or appropriate to have better insurance coverage than the basic coverage
- Hauling a considerable amount of products, dealing in high weight loads, or other shipments that could be deemed hazardous
- Having employees use vehicles and machinery under the company or owners licenses and certifications may make this insurance necessary
- Many business end up being excluded from personal policies due to the nature of the work so commercial auto insurance may be necessary
For more information on this type of insurance and what it can do for your business, contact Schumacher Insurance Group today!