5 Reasons Why You Should Have Renter’s Insurance
Your rent, moving costs, setting up – securing a rental apartment has its costs. Therefore, renter’s insurance may seem like yet another expense that you could do without – but don’t! Here are five important reasons to have renter’s insurance:
- Protects your property: Theft, smoke, fire, water damage – these are only a few of the ways that your belongings can get damaged. Having renter’s insurance can help you replace the items destroyed or damaged from such perils. Make sure you understand which perils are and are not covered in your policy.
- Protects others who are on you property: What happens if someone hurts themselves while in your apartment? You could be liable for their medical expenses! To protect yourself and help take care of your guests, renter’s insurance is the way to go.
- Covers some living expenses: If you have to move out of your home temporarily because of a covered peril, you may be entitled to recoup some of your temporary housing costs, food, and possibly more. Make sure you know how much you are entitled to receive and what items are eligible.
- It is required: In addition to paying rent, your landlord may also need you to prove you have renter’s insurance on your belongings before you can move in.
- It is affordable: Living is expensive, and renter’s insurance is yet another cost – but it truly is one that you can afford. For less than approximately $200 per year, you can protect your property. Actual per year costs depend on the type of policy you get and where you live.
With these compelling reasons to have renter’s insurance, you may ask yourself how much coverage do you need and which policy is right for you? For trusted advice and professional service, contact Schumacher Insurance Agency.