5 Tips for Baby Proofing Your Home
You have a baby and now it’s time to make sure your home is safe. There are many ways you can baby proof your home to maximize the safety you provide. You can make use of tips for baby proofing your home to help you out.
Here are 5 tips to help you keep your home as safe as possible for your baby.
- Babies are curious by nature. Install a child lock on your toilet so that your little one doesn’t play in unsanitary conditions. It also helps against accidental drowning’s and hurting little fingers.
- For little babies, remove all crib bumpers, blankets and soft toys from the sleeping area. Though they are cute, these items can suffocate a little one. You will also want to remove any mobiles that have small parts once your baby can pull themselves up.
- Other tips for baby proofing your home include getting sliding covers for electrical outlets. Again since curiosity is the name of the game for a little one, you want to keep enticing sockets covered.
- One thing that is rarely thought of is pet food. You pet needs to eat but your baby will also play with it. Those small morsels can prove to be a chocking hazard should your baby taste test the pets food.
- On top of keeping cords out of reach, mount your flat screen on the wall. Babies will climb anything they can and some will use the television as a tool to pull themselves up on.
You want the best for your child and keeping them safe is your priority. Utilize these tips for baby proofing your home to help you keep the safest environment possible for your family. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always contact us at Schumacher.