Monthly Archives: December 2014
Being a teacher is one of the best things you can do for your community, and it really is a noble profession. However, teachers don’t always make as much money as they should! That’s why we want to offer special insurance rates for our New Jersey teachers – as a way to give back to the people who offer so much to the youngsters who will become the future of our country and the world. When you sign up for insurance with Schumacher Insurance Agency, you’ll get great rates and a whole lot of extra perks that you deserve.
School Zone Zero Deductible Coverage
Incidents that occur on school grounds are rarely going to be your fault as a teacher, but unfortunately, a lot of things can happen at a school. That’s why we offer our New Jersey teachers zero deductible coverage on school grounds.
Free Roadside Assistance
Our New Jersey teachers should never be stranded and unable to get to work or home. That’s why we offer free first-class roadside assistance to you anytime you have an emergency within the United States.
As part of our insurance, we also offer a $50 taxicab credit once per year to help you get home safe.
New Jersey teachers who sign up with insurance from us get all sorts of great perks. In addition to those wonderful perks, we will work with you to offer discounts and great rates to make purchasing and paying for your insurance simple and affordable.
You shouldn’t be stressed about paying for your insurance – you’ve got more important things to worry about. Let us help make sure you’re protected at a rate that you can easily afford.
Contact Schumacher Insurance Agency for more information about special insurance rates for our New Jersey teachers.
The life insurance policy that you choose will have a significant impact on the financial future of your family. It takes some effort to find the best plan for your unique situation. However, making a poor choice when selecting life insurance could create financial challenges for your loved ones if you become unable to provide for them.
When shopping for life insurance, you need to know how to find the best life insurance policy for you. The following are three important tips to keep in mind:
- Find the lowest quote- Comparing policies from a variety of different insurance providers is important in finding the lowest quotes. When looking for the lowest quotes, you should also consider any lifestyle factors that might be keeping your premiums high. Look into whether or not you can cut down your premiums by improving your blood pressure or cholesterol levels, for example.
- Evaluate life insurance companies- As with any other product, you get what you pay for when it comes to life insurance. You need to evaluate low premiums in combination with the quality of each particular policy. You also need to consider the reputation of the insurance company you are considering. It’s important that you can rely on your life insurance company for years to come, because you won’t typically use the money you invest in life insurance until at least 20 years into the future.
- Compare different types of insurance- Those shopping for life insurance need to thoroughly understand the differences between whole life, term life, and universal life insurance. They also need to project their future financial situation and evaluate all of the different types of life insurance in light of their particular needs.
For more advice on how to find the best life insurance policy for you, contact Schumacher Insurance Group.
Since non profits tend to run on smaller budgets than businesses, it makes sense for them to exercise even more care and consideration when it comes to protecting themselves using insurance policies. That said, since non profit are so similar to businesses in their operation, it should come as no surprise to learn that said organizations have similar but not the same insurance needs.
- Both businesses and non profits need general liability insurance to protect themselves from legal liabilities incurred as a result of being sued for claims. The classic example is of the customer who slips and falls on the premises before suing for compensation. Bear in mind that not all general liability insurance policies provide the same coverage, though they can be used to cover everything from legal expenses to both judgments and settlements.
- Property insurance can be used to protect a non profit’s possessions from losses sustained as a result of fire, floods, earthquakes, burglaries, and similar events. Non profits need to make sure that their property insurance policies cover both their buildings and the contents therein.
- Auto insurance is included in the types of insurance policies a non profit should buy so long as said non profit is using vehicles in the course of its activities. It is useful for protecting the non profit from both losses and legal liabilities.
It is important to remember that each non profit has its own particular needs when it comes to insurance policies. For example, if a non profit has employees, then it is going to need both unemployment insurance and workers compensation.
To learn more about the types of insurance that a non profit should buy, please contact us at Schumacher Insurance at your earliest convenience.
You may wonder if renter’s insurance is really necessary for your current living status as a renter. Renter’s insurance is one insurance product that is commonly misunderstood. You may have heard common myths about renter’s insurance and are not confident about your knowledge of renter’s insurance. The following information from US News will help you move past the common myths about renter’s insurance and into a place of knowledge and confidence regarding your insurance needs.
I am insured under my landlord’s insurance.
You may see your landlord’s insurance as sort of an umbrella which will cover your losses during unfortunate accidents such as fire or burglary. However, this is not the purpose of your landlord’s insurance. Your landlord’s insurance usually covers the building only. Unless your landlord has set up a policy to include coverage of his/her renters, you will need to purchase your own renter’s insurance.
The cost of a renter’s insurance policy is too high.
Most renter’s insurance policies are much less than you would pay for car insurance. Your renter’s insurance policy could could range anywhere from $20 – $30 a month. You will have to check with an insurance provider such as Schumacher Insurance Agency in order to obtain an insurance quote that will fit your individualized needs.
I don’t need coverage for my possessions.
You may underestimate the value of the things you own. It is important to have renter’s insurance to help with what may seem like small or insignificant items. You may have to deal with a situation where many of your smaller items, like kitchen appliances, are damaged due to water issues or fire. Renter’s insurance will help you to replace those items according to the policy you have purchased.
Contact Schumacher Insurance Agency for more information about renter’s insurance.
If you have an electric car and are concerned about the battery life, there are a few things you can do to get the maximum miles out of every charge. These tips for driving an electric car can ease your stress and increase your mileage.
1. Speed Matters
When you drive a gas-powered vehicle on a highway, going too fast can burn more fuel than you would at a slower pace. The same is true for electric cars. At higher speeds, the battery life of your car diminishes quickly. Slowing down can make your battery last much longer and may even save you from a speeding ticket.
2. Plan Ahead
If you are planning on making a long road trip, make note of all the possible charging stations on the way. There are a variety of resources on the internet and several phone apps that can help you find the best charging stations. Instead of stressing as your battery dies, you’ll be able to charge up at one of the stations you found and can enjoy the open road.
3. Regular Maintenance
Although electric vehicles do not require the same intensive maintenance that gas-powered vehicles need, they still need to be properly cared for. Your battery will last longer and your car will run more efficiently if you keep up with regularly scheduled maintenance. Doing things like tire pressure checks, tire rotation, and battery pack replacement can all make a big difference.
Driving an electric car has many benefits, and following these tips for driving an electric car can help you enjoy these benefits. Eliminate the stress of battery life and focus on enjoying your vehicle. Ease your worries even more and contact us at Schumacher Insurance Agency for information on insuring your vehicle.
Your home is your castle, and it is also one of the biggest investments most people make throughout the course of their lives. In addition to being a substantial investment, your home is also a sanctuary for your family and the primary location where many of your personal belongings and valuable possessions are stored. Because of these factors, having homeowner’s insurance is important to protect your home, family, and your belongings.
Obtaining a home insurance policy that meets your needs doesn’t need to be the obstacle that some people view it as. When you
Here are a few key tips for comparing home insurance companies to help you evaluate your options when you are ready to choose or change your insurance provider:
- Determine your insurance coverage needs before you begin searching for an insurance company to meet those needs. Some insurance providers have standard policies that may provide coverage you don’t need, while others have customizable policies that can be tailored to fit your specific circumstances.
- Evaluate the “health” of the companies you are considering by reviewing their consumer track record, checking their financial soundness, and examining their ratings through insurance associations and other organizations.
- Get multiple quotes, with a variety of coverage options, from each company on your candidate list. Don’t let price be the overriding factor in deciding which provider to choose, however.
- Speak to an agent in person and ask as many questions as you need to in order to fully understand policy terms and conditions, coverage limits, exclusions, claim processes, and other factors.
Here at Schumacher Insurance Group we work with a variety of major carriers to give you the coverage you need at a price that fits your budget. Contact us today to let us work with you to meet your insurance needs.
Buying your first home is an exciting time, but with all of the work involved, it can also be an overwhelming one. However, if you do your research and plan accordingly, you can find the house of your dreams without the nightmare. Here are five steps to take when buying your first home:
- Get a financial checkup: To know how much you can spend on a home, review your finances. Build up a down payment, save for the extras that come with buying a home, and if needed, start fixing your credit right away.
- Go mortgage shopping: To get the best deal on anything, including a mortgage, you need to shop around. Ask for a lower interest rate, better terms, reduced fees, and other mortgage products from various lenders and see which offer works best for you.
- Hire a real estate agent: Who knows the housing market better than a real estate agent? Interview several agents, make sure they listen to you and understand your needs, and ask for referrals. Make sure you are comfortable with your choice.
- Calculate the numbers: The down payment, mortgage payments, closing fees, moving costs, homeowners insurance – can you afford to buy? There’s only one way to know, and that’s by running your numbers. Include every possible expense related to the home to determine its overall affordability.
- Get that home inspection: An inspection can tell you a story about a property that can make or break your decision. This immediate expense can save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
If you need advice about the steps to take when buying your first home, contact the friendly professionals at Shumacher Insurance. Their knowledge and experience will help you navigate the home buying process for an easier path to the American Dream.
For business owners, there are many things you need to know about general liability insurance coverage. General liability insurance protects the company’s assets in the case of damages or injuries that may occur while someone is on the company’s property or when someone is injured or suffers damages due to an employee or other company representative’s negligence or error.
Among the things you need to know about general liability insurance, there are five basics that you need to understand in order to truly protect your business.
- General liability insurance can protect a business from monetary damages and legal proceedings, paying for legal defense and potential settlements.
- General liability insurance is an investment in protecting your business and its assets. The cost of the insurance premiums is worthwhile in light of the “litigious society” that we live in, according to the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- There two major factors that help in determining your insurance needs: the type of business and the perceived risk associated with operating that business.
- General liability insurance utilizes up to the maximum amount of your policy in case of an insurance claim. It behooves you to review your current policy’s coverage and assess whether it is high enough for your type of business.
- Know how to file a claim, i.e. what number to call or what forms to fill out.
Contact us to work with an experienced and professional insurance agent for help with reviewing your current policy and determining if you need to increase your coverage as well as exploring any other insurance options.