How to Insure Your Small Business’s Company Car
When you work offering services such shuttle service or delivery, you are required by the state to have at least the basic coverage of commercial liability insurance. So it is important to know how to insure your small business’s company car. One of the first places to turn is the friendly staff here at Schumacher.
Even if it is not a requirement in your situation, having commercial auto insurance can help protect your business from loss in the event of an accident while business is being conducted. In addition to liability insurance, other options may provide more protection for you, your drivers, and your business. Many insurance plans can also add on uninsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage.
Once you know what commercial coverage your business needs, you can begin searching for the policy that is right for you and you can make sure that you are confident in the purchase choice that you make for your auto insurance coverage.
Here are five tips that will help you determine if you need this type of insurance coverage:
- If your vehicle is used to transport goods or people as part of your business
- If the nature of your work would deem it necessary or appropriate to have better insurance coverage than the basic coverage
- Hauling a considerable amount of products, dealing in high weight loads, or shipments that could be deemed hazardous
- Having employees use vehicles under the company or owners licenses and certifications may make this insurance necessary
- Many business are not covered by personal policies due to the nature of the work so commercial auto insurance may be necessary
Call Schumacher Insurance today to get a quote and to find out what plan is best for you and how to Insure your small business’s company car!