5 Facts About Distracted Driving to Keep in Mind
If you’re like most people you use your car every single day. You drive to work and to run errands. If you have kids, you likely drive them around in the car pretty much every day as well.
While you might be familiar with your car because you spend so much time in it, that doesn’t mean that you should start to feel so comfortable that you do other things. Distracted driving is one of the biggest dangers that face the average motorist, and you shouldn’t let yourself fall into that trap.
Learn these five facts about distracted driving to keep yourself and your family safe when you’re behind the wheel.
- 415 individuals died in 2015 because they were believed to be using their cell phone while operating a motor vehicle. You don’t want to be part of those statistics.
- Distracted drivers make up about 7% of individuals in car crashes. That number is far too high, and you don’t want a seven-percent chance of injuring yourself just to answer that phone call.
- Individuals between the age of 16 and 24 are most likely to use their cell phone while driving. If you have kids, make sure they understand the dangers of driving while using their cell phone. Even a quick text could be fatal.
- More than 3,000 people died in 2012 because of driving while distracted. It’s just not worth risking your life being distracted behind the wheel.
- Whatever you’re trying to do while you are driving can wait. There’s nothing as important as getting to your destination safely. Your friends, family and loved ones will thank you for arriving safely – even if they don’t say it.
Contact Schumacher Insurance Agency to learn more about distracted driving and how you can avoid it.
Posted on May 20, 2015, in Agency, Uncategorized and tagged auto insurance, automobile insurance, car insurance, lower car insurance premium, safe driving tips, schumacher insurance. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.